Sectioning – Lessond Learned
- Abrasive Wheels-ultrathin abrasive blades are superior to standard production wheels.
- Diamond Wafering Blades-are the best universal blades producing the least amount of sectioning damage.
Mounting – A Better Way
- Compression Mounting-limited to non-friable, very low porosity metallic coatings.
- Castable Epoxy Mounting-versatile for all types of coatings without introducing damage.
- Vacuum Impregnation-useful for infiltrating open pores in coatings. Most effective when using castable epoxies with viscosity less than 500 cps.
- Pressure Impregnation-produces maximum penetration of castable epoxies using pressure of 1500 psi.